Thursday, April 19, 2012

Singapore Feb 2012 I

Day 2 (agad agad?)




Day 4
Serves the BEST Prawn soup I ever tasted.
the BEST Prawn soup!!
Soya milk, radish cake, prawn soup and rice. Foodgasm. 
Steaming hot, authentic Malaysian Bak Kut Teh


Boiling hot stewed spareribs! Click here to watch it boil. :)


Day 5

Day 6






Went to Singapore last February 6 to 12 for a business trip and I tasted the best food I have ever tasted in my life. From day 1 to my last day in Singapore. Was not able to take pictures everyday. I was trying my best to take pictures though. I was with our machine supplier most of the time which explains why I was almost always alone in my pictures. I just didn't feel it was necessary to have our pictures taken together. Lol

Went to Singapore alone and my brother-in-law joined me on the third day. I love travelling alone! It makes me feel so independent, which in reality, is very far from how I am. I still feel that I have a long way to go before finally being independent.

Day 2
Tasted the best Wan Tan Meen (Wanton noodles) located at 62 Joo Chiat Place. I swear it was so good I think anyone visiting Singapore should try this! Promise talaga ang saraaaap

I think I might be a little redundant if I keep saying it's the best (insert food name here) I've ever tasted but everything I posted just tasted so good. I think I ate the most delicious food this trip. Every meal was the best. I must say that I have the best tour guide, he told me he even researched in the internet for local Singaporean food so he can tour me around Singapore and have a taste of the authentic local food. 

Nasi Lemak from Fei Fei was also good. We bought it just to taste how authentic Nasi Lemak tastes, we did not finish this. 

Oh and as you can see, there were some of the days I wasn't able to take photos too because:
a.) I was too lazy to take out my camera
b.) We were with other businessmen or my brother-in-law's friends and I was too shy to take pictures of the food in front of them. Lol. It's bad enough that they think I'm a girl and is too young to be in this business. 

Afternoon snacks at Thasevi Food located at 237/239 Jalan Kayu Jalan Kayu. I loved their Indian food. We actually ordered too much for 2 because the rotis were very filling and we wanted to taste so much of the food there.

It was actually a bad idea because we had brunch at Fei fei then late lunch at Thasevi Food around 4pm so when it was dinner time, which I wasn't able to take pictures of for the reason b stated above, I was still so full. Bad bad bad because we had good chili crabs that night. It was also my first time to taste the salted egg prawn and I fell inlove. Another must eat food on my list when I go back to Singapore. There was another tofu dish that caught my attention, I just wasn't sure what the dish' name is since I wasn't the one who ordered, I wasn't even able to grab a menu. Dinner was at Jumbo seafood restaurant. 

Day 4
This was the best PRAWN SOUP ever tasted and possibly the best SOUP tasted ever! So sad I don't know where this was. :( I think it was near the border of Singapore and Malaysia. I was able to take a picture of the stall though, it was the stall with "Hao Chi" name. Very yummy brunch. We actually wanted more but Kk, our machine supplier, kept on stopping us from eating more because he will take us to a good Bak Kut Teh place for lunch. So there, we had Malaysian Bak Kut Teh for late lunch. The stewed spareribs was very delish I was the suki of the dish. :p  I didn't like the Bak Kut Teh because the taste was too strong and it was more herb-y than spice-y and it has so much intestines in it which made me think CHOLESTEROL with every sip, doesn't taste like my favorite Bak Kut Teh which is Song Fa Bak kut teh by the way. 

Anyway, click the video embedded above and see how the stewed spareribs was still boiling when it was served. Amazed me so much I had to take a video. Sometimes I find myself am weird.

Day 5

Went to Thomson Hawker Center to grab lunch and then went out with the businessmen. We had an awesome dinner. Awesome. My brother in law and I were impressed with the food they served us. We are Chinese and we eat a lot of Chinese food so if we were impressed with the Chinese food they served us, then trust me, it was really good. Sadly, I don't remember the name of the restaurant anymore. LOL I'm a bad the worst food blogger. It was in Clarke Quay, this I am quite sure because it was in front of a famous hotel in Clarke.

We went to a karaoke place after dinner and a friend/client/person we met that day insisted that we go clubbing after. It was 1AM and I was with 3 men over forty inviting me to go clubbing. The man was so funny because he was insisting but Kk didn't want to go anymore because he's too tired already and a bit drunk. He was accompanying me to visit different companies from Day 1 so I had to grant his favor to insist we go home already after a little bit over 30 minutes inside Attica. Attica is located at Clarke Quay.

Day 6
Second to the last day in Singapore which was practically our last because it was the last day we can do our shopping and roam around Singapore for leisure and not for work. I met up with my sister's friends Mimi and Wilson. They were so nice!!!!! I swear! Thank you for adopting me for a day and touring me around Orchard road and Marina Bay Sands and oh, for sending me back to the hotel. 

Did not allow this trip to pass by without eating cereal prawns!!! Met up for lunch at Wee Nam Kee at Novena Ville since it was near both where we're staying at. The chicken rice was not as good as I first tasted it anymore but the cereal prawns was beyond words (OA much). 

Wasn't in the mood to shop because I'm not a fond of shopping and the 5 days of work drained my energy so I had little energy left to walk around Orchard road just enough to go to Sephora and to pick up some clothes in H&M. 

I didn't get the chance to visit Marina Bay Sands the first time I went to Singapore so they took me there for dinner at Din Tai Fung. Yummy xiao long bao and spicy wanton. I'm a sucker for anything spicy. Life without chili sauce is boring. 

Oh, we waited or the last light and water show in MBS which was at 1opm.


Day 7
Our flight back home wasn't until 1pm so we still had time to eat brunch! We ate at a bak kut teh place beside Boon Tong Kee. We took home 2 whole chicken and chicken rice from Boon Tong Kee and we ordered 2 set lunch to eat inside the plane. 

ANG SARAAAAP!!! Grabe! For a while nakalimutan ko pangalan ko. Hihi. My new favorite chicken rice place! whoo.

Boon Tong Kee is located at 401 Balestier Road, Singapore.

We also actually ate at a Japanese place which was superb I decided to make a seperate blog post about it. :) Stay posted!



xx,

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment