Saturday, March 17, 2012

Singapore I



Last February 6 to 11, I went to Singapore for a business trip. It was a nice opportunity for me and I loved that I learned so much from that trip.

I've been to Singapore summer of 2011 with my best friend, Mallow. Even when I went back for the second time, I can say that I had 2 very different experiences.
In the plane to Singapore

The first trip with my best friend was more of a fun, pleasure trip. It was the first time I travel out of the country without my family. I was really excited. Since we are not familiar with the place, we had an itinerary of the places to go and what to do and of course, shopping.
On the way to Wee Nam Kee
Wee Nam Kee!! YAY!

We did not let the trip pass without eating the famous Hainanese chicken. We went to Wee Nam Kee. Their hainanese chicken and rice were amazing!! We also ordered cereal prawns and right then and there, I fell in love.
Mouth watering Cereal Prawns, The best I had tasted yet. I swear my photography didn't give justice to how delish this dish was. I want to eat this everyday for a week! 

My bad representation of the Hainanese Chicken, rice, soup, sauce and our honey drink.

Wee Nam Kee is located at Novena Ville in Novena.





After that, we went for some shopping. Although I'm not really into shopping so I only shopped a little.

We also met up with Jill, we went to Universal Studios together and ate dinner at Marche after. Marche looks like this eat-all-you-can restaurants here in the Philippines but it's not. It's a buffet style set-up where you can order at different counters and you pay for every item you get. It was super yummy. I don't know why but everything in Singapore was super yummy. I love Singaporean food which makes me want to live there.  I super do! There's this noodle house near our hotel which serves good noodles too. Even their street food tastes so good! Makes me want to go back soon. UGH.

Steak and Potato Rosti at Marche



Aside from Hainanese chicken, cereal prawns and chili crab, one food I liked so much during this trip was Ba Kut Teh. I loved it so much. I love Song Fa Ba Kut Teh. Period. I love how there were so many spices and herbs in one bowl of hot spareribs soup. Being a heavy soup drinker, it was a major plus that they give unlimited soup refills. Every bak kut teh restaurant have unlimited soup refills. :) I love drinking soup!!! I drank at least 3 bowls. :p

Song Fa Ba Kut Teh, intestines and Kailan Veggie

My first Singapore trip was so fun. Mallow and I kept fighting before the trip and during the trip but I am sure that we are more bonded than ever after the trip. I love travelling with friends because I get to budget my money. No mommy, no money. :p

Second Singapore trip post to follow.

xx,


Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment