Thursday, March 8, 2012

Equality

The truth hurts and we have to face the reality. No matter how idealistic we can get at times, we should always know what the truth is.


Sometimes we believe in ourselves too much we  tend to sugar coat everything to our desire we get so selfish.  There's no such thing as fairy tales so don't live in a fantasy. In this world, everybody thinks their special and unique. That's how I think of myself too until I read in an article that we are special. Yes we are,  but not to the whole world, maybe in somebody's world but not to the whole world.


I may be special to some people but I am not special to everybody. I am not trying to put myself down or anything, I just don't think I'm better than anybody and I don't think that anybody is better than anybody. You may be better at dancing than your classmates or she may be better in English, Math, Science but that doesn't make her any better than you.


Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to stop from thinking you are special. I am not stopping you from reaching your dreams. Nothing is impossible and that's just how it goes with everybody. Everybody has the capability to reach for their dreams given that they stick their mind to it but that doesn't make you any more special than the rest who tried and still haven't succeeded yet. You may have succeeded earlier but that doesn't make you better than them.


Your talents make you unique, you may be better in one way or another but that doesn't make you a better person than anybody. Everybody is just as unique as everybody else so don't think too high of yourself. Sure, you can reach for your goals, believe that you can do it but never step on anybody to reach success or self contentment.


Ironically, empathy for others will actually help you succeed more than believing in yourself.  -Lindsay Loyn

 xx,


Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment