Monday, March 5, 2012

Birthday Wish List

My birthday is about two months away yet here I am, daydreaming about the things I want to get myself/receive for my birthday. Although this post is in no way my way of asking you to send me gifts for my birthday. It is just a birthday wish list. I love making lists of the things I want to do, places I want to go, what I want to buy, read, eat, the list is endless. You can even make a list of lists you want to do.


To make the long story short, here it is.


My Birthday Wish List


Electronics
Sony Vaio Laptop in Hot Pink
The color of this laptop attracts me so much because I like pink too much.


iPhone 4S
I want a new decent cellphone as my Blackberry has given up on me. I'm pretty sure my iPhone 3gs will also give up anytime soon. I want a new phone that will help me take high quality pictures because I love using my cellphone camera to take pictures of the food I eat, places I go, etc.

iTouch
I need a music player which I can plug into my car without having to interrupt my singing every time I receive a call while driving. 

Olympus Pen E-PL3 
Photo from here
I don't really need a camera but as a part of my challenge to become a better me, I do need a decent camera to help me reach my personal goals. 

Canon Powershot SX220

My friend Nica has this camera and I instantly fell in love with how good the quality of the photos it takes.


Tripod
Photo credits here
I want a tripod because I want to try to take a video of myself. I want to see how it looks like when I film myself making make up tutorials or vlogging. Not that I want to do that, I just want to see how I will look like. So this is not so important. I don't know if I will have time for those anyway. :)



Make Up
Are you even surprised to see this on my list? I guess not. I listed some of the things that looks appealing to me but just about any make up is highly appreciated.


Urban Decay Naked and Naked 2 Palettes
I've been wanting to get my hands on these palettes. The colors are just fantabolous and I love urban decay shadows, they are so pigmented and they are not chalky. 

Benefit Dandelion, Sugar bomb and Big Beautiful Eyes Palette
Any Benefit products will be much appreciated because their packaging is just too cute for words. They have really great products too! I'm in love with their 10 box and I want more products from them although they would be too cute to use. I still have a "Finding Mr. Bright" palette which I rarely use because they are just too cute. :( 

Mac 138 
Mac brushes. I want all of them but this one is the one I like the most. 

Face Products


Khiel's Rare Earth Set.
Photo credits from here.


This is my favorite face product line of all time. I used to have breakouts every two weeks which always leave ugly pimple marks on my face until I use this. My face have cleared so much. I'm running out of my stock so any products from this set will be greatly appreciated. This is a need and a want at the same time. 


Vacation


Boracay with friends


If I have to choose between all the things I have listed above, I will have to choose this. There's nothing I want more than to go to Boracay.I want to escape from all the pressures of work and life. I want to go some place unfamiliar yet safe. 


Above all the things mentioned, these are what I really want for my birthday. 


Materials things will only give us joy and satisfaction the moment we receive them. When things get too familiar and when they get old, we tend to forget how we wanted them SO MUCH once in our lives. How they were a part of our wish lists and how we worked hard to buy and get them. 


I know that when I get anything I listed above, they will make me so happy only for a period of time but what I really want for my birthday are the things that will last.  Sure a good camera or cellphone will last me a long time but I'm not talking of material things here anymore. 


A lot of times I get discouraged with what I do. Being a fresh grad, jumping into something big like managing a company is not easy for me to do. I realized how big my responsibility really is a little too late to back out from what I got myself into. 


I was always the easy go lucky type of person and honestly, when I first said yes to the offer, I wasn't really thinking of my responsibilities, What was I thinking anyway?? I left everything in Manila. My family, my friends, my life and move here to Cebu where I do not know anyone but my sister's family. What was I thinking?


I don't know what I was thinking but I am thankful anyway. I am thankful that I did not think too much because if I did, I wouldn't have come. I can't say that I like it here more but I can't say that I don't like it here either. I love how I am given the chance to grow in what I do now and that is what I wish for. I wish for growth as a person. 


I ask for encouragement. A lot of times I get discouraged and I cry to make myself feel better. I do feel better afterwards. I love how God created everything. I love how He works. He really is there. God listens. God cares.


I thank Him for giving me everything I asked for. He has His ways and I know this is His way of answering my prayers. i may be far away from my family and friends but this is His way of answering all that I wished for and that is for me to grow as a person and to become independent.


Lastly, I pray for passion. Passion for work. Passion for love. Passion for life.


xx,


Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment