Thursday, March 22, 2012

More than 24 hours a day

What happened to Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday? That was the first question I asked early this morning as soon as I found out it is already Thursday. Shocked, I was. In fact, I was very shocked. I can't quite believe how fast this week went by. Normally, I will not care, but sometimes, you feel like you need to get so much things done you wish there are more than just 24 hours a day or more days in a week. :s

Reason 1: Diet

I am very looking forward for the weeks to come especially next next week because I will be going home for Holy Week. I will spend Holy week with my family in Ilocos and this is something we don't usually do as a family, family outings. Not that we are not close to each other. The reason is because we are a very big family that's why going out of town is such a hassle so we usually just stay in a hotel during the holidays. But since we are all grown ups now, it is easier to arrange something like an out of town trip. We can bring more than 1 car to fit all of us now since there more drivers in the family now. Yay! Sadly, I am included in that one additional driver. I hate driving. I loath driving. I am okay with driving but if I can do with a driver, then I will definitely pass driving. I find it really hassle especially here in Cebu where I am not familiar with the streets and the streets are so small so I drive really slowly in my fright to run over someone. Ayaw ko nga makasagasa or may mabundol. That will cause me more hassle. But driving do have pro's also! It is convenient and I can go anywhere I want to (i.e. I can go to the mall anytime, any day to watch Hunger Games. by anytime I mean, after work, when I am free). Annnnnd, that was completely out of the topic!

Going back to what I was talking about, it was such a bummer that this week went by so fastly, like a breeze. I am trying to lose weight and I think I can reach my target by the time I need my sexy body comes (insert-Bora trip on my birthday-here. I am not happy that I don't have much progress this week. Not happy at all. In fact I want you to imagine me shaking my head while saying "not happy at all". Maybe you are thinking "wtf? the week hasn't ended yet what's the fuss all about?" I want to lose as much weight before Saturday arrives because I will eat out with my sister and my friend, Val. Surely, I will gain some weight but it's okay, I will just diet again. I am running out of time to diet..... I am sure that I will gain weight in our out of town trip but I will still try to eat as healthy as I can.

Reason 2: Books to Read

I made a new year's resolution to finish 2 books in a month because I want to go back to my old love which is reading. So lately, I've been spending my idle times reading a book and I enjoy it so much now I wish we have more hours in a day and more days in a week and more weeks in a month and you know what's next. I want to read more books!!! Some of the books I read I finish faster, some books I've been reading since last year, stopped reading, read another book and never finished the books I previously read.


Reason 3: Bucket Lists to finish
Since I love making bucket lists like this one, I wish I have more time to accomplish them. I never realized how time really flies until today. I realized I set too much goals at the beggining of the year and I still haven't accomplished much yet. To me, it's still new year, until today, I realized that time is ticking and it's not going to wait for me. I have to do things now. The things I listed, which are the goals I set for this year are not going to scratch itself off off that list. Tick tock tick tock, now I fell so pressured, I feel like a chicken in a pressure cooker. I.MUST.ACT.NOW.

Reason 4: My birthday is coming, again. I'm growing old young old.
I'm growing old. :( It's an ugly truth. I know birthdays are supposed to be happy but for me it's not. I can still remember my 21st birthday like it was last week but now my 22nd birthday will be in a few weeks. I hate the fact that I can no longer run away with being a kid. No longer free from responsibilities, no more just thinking about fashion, beauty, what TV shows to watch, what make up to buy. I know that age is just a number but it's a number that comes with responsibilities. Now I can not just think about fun, I have to start thinking about life. I have to start saving up for my future. I have to reach the goals I set for myself like "get rich by 25"--no, I did not set that, but maybe someday I will or maybe, this is what I'm setting now since I came up with the idea. hihi. Anyway, I don't like the idea of me turning 22, no more happy-go-lucky-ing, no more procrastinating-since-I-have-tons-of-time-in-my-hands. Maybe I haven't fully accepted that I am now an adult, a grown up. I am in denial.

I love ranting in my posts but this is not a rant post. You may think that this is, but it's not, because this day has given me an opportunity to make realizations.

Realization 1:
Time is gold.

Sound so cliche but we all know it's true. It is so important to live each life to the fullest. Do what you love, do what's important, do what makes you happy even if it's not important. Just do not waste your time sitting around regretting things you've done wrong over and over again. Sure you can be sad for a day or two but please don't waste your time being sad all the time. Find things that makes you happy. Remember, there are just 12 months in a year, don't allow yourself to waste one precious month or even a day.

Realization 2: 
The clock is ticking and life is moving forwards not backwards.

We can never go back to yesterday so live wisely each day. I can never go back to yesterday and not eat those extra crackers that made me gain weight today. I'm under pressure so there are no time to waste. Make every decision wisely. 


Realization 3:
Live life to the fullest. 

No matter how much I rant and plead on how 24 hours is not enough in a day, I can not do anything about it. It's life, we have to accept it. What we can do is to live my life to the fullest. And you should too! Live it to your fullest potential. Push yourself to do more. I wish I knew this earlier, I could have done more things back in college when I had more time to do things rather than sleeping and eating. I regret not achieving more, not learning more but what's the use crying over spilled milk, right? After all, the world is our playground, we can try as many new things as we want. It's okay to make mistakes because we learn so much from it.



xx,

Annie



2 comments:

  1. I really love reading your blog. It's very simple. I love the way you express yourself. No pretensions, no complications. You're just being you! :)

    ReplyDelete