Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sacrificing Sacrifices

Is there such thing as sacrificing sacrifices for a greater sacrifice? Or is it just my crazy self? Oh well.

As part of my Lent sacrifice, I gave up eating rice, bread and dessert. I also promised to blog about every cheat I make so here it is. 

Last Saturday, March 10, was my sister's BFF's birthday party. I went with her to the party and the food served was SO goooood! Everything was so good especially the roast beef which I can't get enough of. I had to stop myself from getting more to stop over eating. 

Best roast beef ever tasted.

My plate of happiness and sin. Why does good things always have to be bad for you?
Oh well, here's the thing, I am not allowed to eat rice but I tried their Paella. :( It didn't taste as good as i thought it would be. So that was one sacrifice wasted. 

We ordered another lechon for Sunday lunch and it was not good at all we weren't satisfied so my sister and I wanted to eat something that will satisfy our appetites. I suggested East, West since I was really craving for mango sushi crepe. :(  

East, West Mango Sushi crepe, nachos + iced coffee

The mango sushi crepe was very worth the cheat! I will never get tired of eating this desert.  Nachos were very good also. I loved the beans in the sauce.

So why did I let myself cheat again? I'm calling this my "sacrificing sacrifices for a greater sacrifice". Since I'm getting kinda desperate in losing the weight I can't lose no matter what I do, I made a bet with my sister. I will do this really strict diet and if I deviate from my diet, I promise to pay her 2,000 pesos each day I attempt and cheat. This is the only way I can stick to my diet because I tend to think it's okay to eat some chips or biscuits because I eat less of everything anyway. So I end up just eating more junk. 

I'm on my second day of my diet now. So far, so good but is it too early to judge? Yes! I'm crossing my fingers. Good luck to me and to all of you who are challenging themselves for whatever it is! :) We can do this!!

xx,

Annie




No comments:

Post a Comment