Saturday, February 25, 2012

What are you giving up for Lent?

What are you giving up for Lent? I'm curious what people are going to sacrifice for Lent, for 40 days. I concluded I'll give up sweets which are cakes and cupcakes or anything dessert-y and soft drinks/juices. I am so ashamed of myself because I did not control myself and let temptation get the best out of me. I drank Sprite. 1/4 can of it. I feel so guilty. I know that I can do without it but I gave in to temptation when I saw my brother-in-law drinking Sprite. Not that I'm blaming him, I still take full responsibility with what I have done.

To punish myself, I will add another sacrifice, I will not eat rice and bread for the remaining days of Lent which means I still has 36 days left. This will not only add to my sacrifice, this will also help me in reaching my goal weight. I will start with my 30 day challenge with my friend Char on Monday. This will also test my control and it will also help me to prove myself that I can be responsible with my words. I shall grow up and stick to everything I say even if I only say it to myself.

How hard is it to resist these?
I will make a promise to you. Every time I "cheat", I promise to make a post here. That way, everytime I do something, I will have to think first if I am willing to shout to the whole world -- or the readers of my blog in that case-- how irresponsible I am. Breaking a promise is a sign of weakness and I refuse to be weak. Ha! I can do this. And you can too. What is your Lent sacrifice?

xx,

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment