Saturday, April 21, 2012

Favorite of the Week: Chicken (Cauliflower) Arroz Caldo

This has been one of my most favorite healthy food ever! If you love arroz caldo, you will surely love this too or maybe you'll love this even more. Personally, I like this dish so much better than the original arroz caldo. If you are on a diet or a health freak, try making this for a low-fat meal that is healthy and is so good it doesn't feel like you are on a diet.
My picture did not do justice for how yummy this actually is!



Ingredients:
Olive oil
1 1/2 cup cauliflower
100g chicken breasts, cut into cubes
onion
garlic
ginger
salt and pepper to taste

What you need:
Blender 

In a large pot, heat the olive oil. Add onion and garlic, saute until the garlic is slightly brown and the onion is translucent. Add chicken breast and ginger. Saute til the chicken is half cooked then add the cauliflower. Add 2 to 3 cups of water. Reduce heat then boil until the chicken and cauliflower is cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove the cauliflower and transfer it to the blender with some soup then blend to your desired texture (I like it just right, not too coarse, not too mushy. I like to still be able to chew some bits of the cauliflower). Pour the blended soup into the pan and boil again. Serve hot. Garnish with green onions and chili flakes if desired.

It's perfect for anytime of the day.

I can eat this everyday. I actually did this week for breakfast that's why it made it to my favorite of the week. :) Easy breezy and oh so yummy! It's on of the best comfort food I have eaten.

Let me know if you try it!

xx,

Annie

2 comments:

  1. So parang the cauliflower is the alternative for the rice? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup yup! try it! masarap siya promise. I know you'll love it because you're a "health freak" like me. I'm pahealth freak. hihi

    ReplyDelete