Monday, May 7, 2012

Post Birthday Post

I know I might have sounded a little too excited for my birthday since I've been posting a lot of birthday wish lists months before my actual birthday. :p Days before my birthday, I posted a blog post saying how I don't want a party and it was true! I wanted a simple celebration like an intimate dinner with my family but my family threw a not-so surprise party for me or an impromptu birthday party. Of course it's not a glamorous party in a club or a hotel with my friends but we had a small get together dinner with the people I work with everyday. :)

We celebrated it in the new plant that we are currently setting up. We had lechon and pansit for dinner and it was more than enough because what I really appreciate is the effort they put into it. I even had 2 cakes-- more than what I was asking and expecting for.

It was not the best birthday I had especially inaatake ako ng PMS ko and I was feeling bad emotionally the whole day. I cannot explain how I was feeling the whole day but I wasn't my normal self which is always happy! Can I just say that I really appreciate what my sisters did for me. I know that they were a big part of this "surprise" and they exerted effort to buy me a cake and gifts!

My little sister even went to the mall by herself (unusual) that morning to buy my cake and a gift for me.
Cute yellow flipflops from my cuter sister, Kapo :)


She bought this cute yellow flip flops for my Boracay trip-- which I had to cancel at the last minute (read here for details)-- just because I don't own a pair of decent  flip flops. Isn't she the sweetest?

My sister, Wuns, gave her gift few days before my birthday and she gave me ang pao (red pocket). My mother and sisters in Manila gave me a gift which I received when my mom flew in last May 3.
Ring my sisters and mom gave me. :) 
I actually feel guilty because I kind of demanded them to give me something nice. I didn't exactly do that but when they asked me what I wanted I kept saying expensive items like jewelries and luxury bags. :p

I forced my dad to give me ang pao as well so he asked mom to bring it for him. 

Cutest ang pao I've ever seen!!
I wanted to buy myself something expensive but the kuripot me ended up buying the very predictable gift for myself. Make up. MAC, Ayala Center Cebu released their Nicki Minaj and Ricky Martin collection last April 30 (so late, I know) and I went there after work as soon as I found out that it hit the store. I bought the Viva Glam Nicki lipstick for myself! My sister bought one too! It's soooo pretty! I want to show you a picture of me wearing it but I refuse to post one because I look wasted that day. hehe!!

Viva Glam Nicki

To wrap up this post, I want to say that it wasn't bad after all. I felt so loved with the efforts my family put in celebrating the day with me and buying gifts for me. 

My signature birthday pose with my cake! 


xx,

Annie


2 comments: