Friday, May 18, 2012

Makeup Kit for Starters/Drug Store Make Up Haul

I don't usually go makeup shopping since I always just stick with the basics, brown eye shadow, good highlighter, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick and I'm good to go. My makeup collection consists of the most basic stuff you need for an everyday makeup look. I don't buy much drugstore makeup because I'm afraid of wasting my money if I don't get satisfied with what I paid for, kahit 100 pesos yan or 50 pesos, nakakahinayang if I will not use the product much. 


I always go to the makeup section to check out the makeup though, but I always end up not buying. :p Kuripot talaga ako and I can't do much about it. 


This summer, my sister, Patricia came here to visit me and I figured she should start building her makeup kit for the most basic makeup products for everyday use so off we went to SM department store. I felt so happy makeup shopping! For me, it's like hitting two birds with one stone. I get to shop for makeup products I'd like to try plus I get to help my sister pick out products for her makeup kit. :)


Since I'm a kilay fan,  I picked out an eyebrow kit I've been meaning to try! 
Wet n' Wild Ultimate Brow Kit Php399.00
My friend, Val uses this so I wanted to try this out also since I'm looking for a new brow powder to replace my who-knows-how-old Body shop brow kit. 

For me, this brow kit is a bit too dark but pigmentation is really good!!! I'd give this a 5/5 rating if it weren't a bit too dark for me. I look kind of weird and different with darker brows. 

My mom with someone who looks so much like me! hehe I look so different with thicker brows.
Used the brow kit in this picture.

Another makeup line I wanted to try out is Elf cosmetics. I bought Elf peachy keen blush since I don't have a peach blush. I wanted to try this out.
Elf peachy keen blush Php249.50
I love it! This is perfect for summer! It gives my skin an instant glow although it doesn't give my face much color. I use this as a highlighter instead. How do I explain it? It gives a very light peachy glow and oh, it has a little gold shimmer in it which explains the glow I kept repeating. :p So there, it's a peachy gold color, perfect for dark skin tones.




K. I will stop saying "I've been meaning to try this next item....." but they all are! This is my chance to buy these without feeling guilty since I will not keep them. These makeup are my younger sister's. :) 


Cover Girl Sheerly Nudes 265, Php450
This palette is good for everyday use, perfect for school to give that no makeup look. It gives a light color that is not so obvious but it makes a difference. Perfect for "no makeup look".


Cover Girl Wetslicks AmazeMint in Merry Berry, Php375


If you are a mint lover, you'll love this.



*COVERGIRL Wetslicks Amazemint isn't just a lip gloss, it's a smile treatment! Crest Peppermint Oil provides a minty-breath sensation while the gloss itself gives a dazzling high shine without all that "sticky."

It's cool on the lips, which I like but what I don't like is that it feels a little heavy on the lips. I am not sure if it's me, since I don't usually wear lip gloss, or it's this lip gloss. The shade matches my natural lip color but of course it will not look natural since it has gloss. (DUH?? me, DUH???) Why did I have to state the obvious? LOL.


Picked out 2 lip sticks from Cover Girl's LipPerfection Lip Color line. 


405 Fairytale, Php395
Cover Girl Fairytale without Flash
Cover Girl Fairytale with Flash
 It's a beautiful shade of pink. I must say that I really love this lipstick. It's definitely one of the drugstore brands that I'm going to repurchase! 


300 Flame, Php395



L-R: Flame, Fairytale
Flame is a reddish pink shade, pinkish red shade. I can't decide if it's more on the pink or it's more on the red shade but it is a beautiful bright lip color that you can always wear to stand out in the crowd! I love wearing bright colored lipsticks to give my mood a lift. It's an instant pick me upper. I feel happy because the bright shade gives off such a positive vibe. Don't you think? :)


The next items are finally the stuff I bought for yours truly. Finally. 


Maybelline baby lips, php 99.00 each

I badly needed one. I don't know why this is such a staple in every girl's makeup kit yet I didn't own one for the longest time. Now that I got one, I don't know how I can't live without it!

Wet n' Wild white eyeliner, php 119.00
I needed a white eyeliner to line my lower lash line to brighten my eyes! 





*from Cover Girl's website

That wraps up my sister's makeup kit for starters! Hope you enjoyed it!






xx,


Annie

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Can you tell me the importance of shaping and coloring eyebrows? Mine looks okay naman even without makeup. I mean, it has enough hair to look presentable as an eyebrow. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie,
    Thanks for sharing this. This would be a great reference for makeup beginners like me!
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete