Friday, May 11, 2012

Duty Free/ MAC Haul


Duty Free is one of the best places to go make up shopping here in the Philippines since they offer items tax free. Last February, my sister went to Manila and brought home loots of goodies for me from Duty Free and from my mom.
They went to Duty Free and bought lots of makeup for me. Here are the items.

Disclaimer: The Benefit 10 box you see right there is not from Duty Free. I just asked my sister to get it for me since I left it in Manila last Christmas. :)

1.)    Mac 224 tapered blending brush



I’ve been dying to get my hands on one ever since kopong kopong. I believe that MAC’s blending brushes are the best blending brushes out there. I’m in no position the judge the other brushes since I have not tried all of them yet but I’m very happy with MAC’s so far. Although I still think that the MAC 217 is the better blending brush of the 2.

2.)    MAC Paint pot in Bare Study

Heaven in a pot! Looks so nice.

Paint pots are so easy to use! I wanted one for such a long time now but I gave the first paint pot I ever bought to my sister as a Christmas gift. It looked so inviting I wanted to OWN one.

She chose the MAC Paint pot in Bare study, a *soft beige with gold pearl (frost) color. We were actually deciding (over the phone) whether we should get the Painterly paint pot or this one but we figured that we wanted to buy a paint pot with shimmer instead of just nude which will only serve as a base color or a primer.

As I opened the little pot, I can’t help but smile. It looked so beautiful in a small little pot! It looked so perfect and I didn’t want to use it at first because I didn’t want to dent it but I can't wait to use it. I fell in love as soon as I applied it on my lids. I always wanted my eye makeup to be complete for me to be satisfied meaning I need to have eyeliner and mascara on when I apply eye shadow because it just doesn’t look complete with only eye shadow. With this paint pot, I instantly loved it as soon as I applied it to my eyelids. It served as my all in one eye makeup, highlighter, base, etc. I didn’t felt the need to apply eyeliner nor mascara anymore, it looks so pulled together.
The only reason I don’t use it every day is because I’m actually trying to save it. :p

Rating: 5/5

3.)    MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation NC 25


The last time I remember, my foundation shade was NC20 so I asked my sister buy a shade darker for me and it feels just right but I feel like I still need to go a shade darker since my powder has SPF, it tends to absorb lights in flash photography. Personally, their powder does not suit my skin type. Like what I said in m previous post (click here), finding a foundation that fits your skin really varies and I tend to get a bit oily with MAC powder.

Review: The foundation may be good for others but just not for my skin type. I know it’s good because I get just the right amount of coverage, not too light and not too heavy, upon application. It is good for dry skin.

4.)    MAC Eye shadow in Shroom


Shroom is a *soft beige with shimmer (satin) shadow which can be used as a highlighter and it's really good! It looks so good on the brow bone. It gives your brow bone a definition and the color is just perfect. I like how good the shadow looks on, it's not so shimmery but with a little shimmer that's enough for highlighting, perfect would be the perfect word for it! As well as the other MAC highlight shadows. I just can't get enough of them. I super love my first one too, which was Ricepaper, *a peachy gold with shimmer. They are just perfect! <3


5.)    Lipstick


Fashion City. *Neutral coral with pink shade. New favorite summer lipstick! I don’t have much peachy-coraly shade lippies since I always went for pink so this one was something new in my makeup kit! ;) I love it!

Gotta dash - *Pale clean coral shade. Haven't used this yet!


Please me. *Muted rosy-tinted pink (matte) shade. Most favourite pink lipstick.

Myth- *light neutral nude (satin). Another nude lipstick I haven't used yet. Thinking of selling this. Comment if interested. :p Reason for selling is.... read more to find out why. :)

Honey Love. *light beige toned with rose (matte). Bought a new nude lipstick because I’m almost running out of my Viva Glam Lady Gaga and I didn’t want to use it all up so I had to buy a new nude lipstick. My sister bought 2 nude lipsticks, with different undertones , then I realized I don’t like any more nude lipstick because I feel like it makes me look washed out.

At the end of this post, you probably know how much I love MAC cosmetics and that's because they deliver and work magic! The products are really pigmented, easy to apply and has long staying power. I don't have a lot but they are enough for me. :)

6.)    Maybelline The MAGNUM SUPER FILM VOLUM EXPRESS 3 Mascaras
      Best drugstore mascara! I just had to buy a lot since you need to replace mascaras once in every 3 months although I usually keep mine longer than 3 months. :p


7.)    The ONE BY ONE VOLUM EXPRESS 2 Mascaras + 1 free kohl pencil
      Mascara hoarding alert.

Just spot the following items in this picture:
My bad attempt at photography! 

8.)    Sunglasses

9.)    Ear caps

Don’t they look so cute? They do! Although I don’t use them because I find them so hassle since I always use my headset. I will just lose them because I’ll keep removing it then misplace it. So now, it’s just here somewhere in my room.

10.) Fancy Earrings
Just because my mom is too sweet. J


*descriptions of products from MAC Cosmetics website.
**All the photos above were taken by my sister Wuns except for the last picture which was taken by yours truly!

P.S: And this is a looong overdue post I've been meaning to post.
P.P.S: This is my attempt at beauty blogging.

xx,

Annie

2 comments:

  1. I think I just drooled on my keyboard seeing all those MAC stuff! I was planning on getting the Painterly paint pot, my MUA used it on my during my wedding, but now I think I want to get Bare Study na after reading this post.



    ~Dea
    http://deaguwapa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't get enough of makeup, Dea. There's something about buying makeup is so addictive. I wish we can get unlimited supplies of it. :p Yes! Get Bare Study first because I think it's more practical but if you want a base lang, I think okay din yung Painterly. I want to get one also if i have extra money. :p

      Delete