Sunday, May 6, 2012

Favorite of the Week: Mac Prep and Prime BB Cream

Had this for almost a year now but never used it because I always thought it was too white for me. This was my problem with BB creams, I think they are too white and they're supposed to be make up bases so I still had to put a powder on top just to make my face matte, especially that I have oily skin so I never really liked it because it was too much for me. Tinted moisturizer + face powder is my usual face routine.



I learned to appreciate this product this summer because of the weather!! With the heat outside you sure wouldn't want to leave the house without SPF. That is a big no-no. NEVER leave the house without SPF, you want to protect your face from the harmful rays of the sun. It is recommended to use SPF 15 everyday all year round and my old tinted moisturizer provides me that but since it's summer time and the sun is scorching hot, I switched to MAC Prep + Prime BB Cream which has SPF 35/PA+++. PA+++ is the ranking of protection against the UVA rays so the more +, the higher the protection. I feel so safe with my BB cream since it gives me protection from the sun. If you will be exposed from the sun most of the time, then you should choose a higher SPF and you may need to reapply.

Since I am in field work most of the time now, I stopped applying make up because I'm almost always sweating (EWW! It's hot outside and it's field work ya know!) and it's not necessary to put makeup as it melts away less than an hour after so I opt for just this and I'm ready for the day. No need to worry for heavy coverage after powder because I don't even apply powder anymore. I don't even have to worry about how I look anyway. Ragged look is the way to go!

xx,

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment