Monday, May 7, 2012

Guilt-free Snacking

Ever since I found out that I can actually order my coffee "light", I always went light. Meaning, they put low-fat milk instead and I ask them to skip putting the whip cream. The only reason is because I'm a health freak paranoid. Don't you think so too? I am always guilty for eating the yummy food a.k.a the fatty food. Oh well.

Today, I had "free" time on my hands because I have to wait for a few hours to pick up a person at the airport. I just sent one few hours ago and I'll pick up another later so to save gas, I just decided to stay in a coffee shop and do my work here instead.

I love coffee shops. I love how it makes you masipag and you can actually accomplish a lot of work here. Sad that I only discovered this on my last few terms in college. Could have been Cum Laude if I knew this from the start. I would have been the tambay of every coffee shop in town. Ha Ha Ha. That was a joke or not.

Anyway, I decided to do some guilt free indulging today. I did not just order coffee, I also ordered Belgian Waffle (with whip cream, oooops!) I don't know what is it with me and whip creams but I just don't like it. I wince at the sight of it. I just can't stand to put it inside my mouth all the time. I don't like my coffee or frapuccino topped with whip cream, it's like it's spelled F-A-T all over it and I hate fat. I hate me. 
My "guilt-free" dessert

Don't get me wrong, I know it tastes good and when you top your favorite food/dessert with it, it magically tastes 100x better but I don't let myself take so much calories just for it. It's just not worth it. To make the long introduction short, I ate Belgian waffle with whip cream and strawberry syrup and a cup of grande Caramel Macchiato, light but I forgot to tell them to skip the whip just because I thought it was understood. I felt so bad when I opened my cup of coffee and saw the foamy and melted cream on top of it. :( But ohwell, I decided that today will be my first cheat meal of the week. I hate how I always try to diet and eat healthy food but always end up eating a lot of junk food on the side. :/ It's like I'm trying to compensate and I skip eating rice just so I can eat other (junk) food I love. I still eat rice but I just don't eat it every meal.

I woke up today wanting to do Juju cleanse so bad. :) But since I live in Cebu and it will be pretty hassle to have the juice ship here, maybe I'll just do my own one day cleanse soon. Maybe I can do it next week after my mom goes back to Manila. :)

The main purpose of this post is to actually convince myself that I DO NOT FEEL GUILTY for eating waffle with WHIP CREAM and for drinking my Machiatto with WHIP CREAM but it's not working. I actually still a bit guilty. Hihi. Ohwell, I'll get over it later. :)

Early bird catches the worm. Seated in a 4 seater couch  and it's the only  couch set here. :) 

xx,


Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment